Has your life been turned upside down? Are you on an emotional rollercoaster? I can help...
I am a Registered Psychologist with over twenty years of experience, as well as a mother of two wonderful girls.
My goal is to help you on a journey towards self-discovery by drawing from various proven, evidence-based therapeutic techniques. Together we will explore barriers from your past and present life that prevent you from attaining the path that you were meant to travel. I hope to have the honour of helping you overcome life's obstacles...
Training and Experience
My name is Mariana Grinman and I am a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists, as well as the College of Psychologists of Ontario. I have been working within the psychology field since 2002. I am fluent in English and Spanish.
I have ample experience in counselling and psycho-educational assessments. I have worked in
counselling centres, hospitals, public schools, and private practice. I have been working extensively with a range of issues, such as trauma, immigration and family-of-origin concerns, as well as physical ailments such as Ehlers-Danlos.
I draw from various therapeutic techniques in order to best suit your needs. Some of these therapies are based on expressing or regulating emotions, while others are more concerned with identifying negative thoughts and how they influence us.
My Education Includes:
Master of Arts in Psychology, University of British Columbia.
Bachelor of Education, University of British Columbia.
Bachelor of Science, University of Calgary.
Further Post-Graduate Training:
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Workshops with Dr. Pat Ogden and Dr. Janina Fisher.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Certificate. EMDR Centre of Canada.
Trauma with Children, Youth and their Families. Hincks Dellcrest Centre. Toronto.
Meditation for Stress Reduction. Art of Living Centre. Ontario.
Art Therapy Training for Professionals. Gestalt Institute of Ontario.
Systemic Family Therapy Training. Conformacion Arco Institute. Argentina.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Centre of Cognitive Therapy. Argentina.
Gestalt Therapy. Presencia Centre. Argentina.
I accept self-referrals or referrals from other health professionals.
I am a Registered Psychologist with the Alberta Medical Association, Interim Federal Health Program for Refugees, Veterans Affairs Canada, as well as the Workers' Compensation Board (WCB).
I provide individual therapy via:
- Confidential online video for all of Alberta and Ontario
- Walking therapy within Calgary, if weather permits
Areas of Specialty
- Anxiety, Depression, ADHD
- Stress, Life Transitions, Trauma, PTSD
- Immigrant Issues
- Health Care Worker Concerns
- Family-of-Origin Issues
- Physical Concerns such as Ehlers-Danlos
- Parenting issues
- Free 15-minute consultation.
- Fees are standard as per the Psychologists' Association of Alberta: $220 per 50-minute session.
- Most extended health insurance plans cover all or a portion of the costs.
- Services are not covered by Alberta Health Care or OHIP.
- Work directly with some providers (i.e., WCB, Interim Federal Health Program, RCMP, Veterans Affairs Canada, Canadian Armed Forces, AMA's Physician and Family Support Program)
© 2021 by Grinman Psychology