Psychological Services for Individuals & Families
Resolve emotional issues and improve your mental health and sense of well-being, all in a supportive and safe space, or via walking in an outdoor space.
Training and Experience
My name is Mariana Grinman and I am a Registered Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists. I have been working within the psychology field since 2002. I am fluent in English and Spanish.
I have ample experience in counselling and psycho-educational assessments. I have worked in public schools, counselling centres, hospitals, and private practice.
My Education Includes:
- Master of Arts in Psychology, University of British Columbia.
- Bachelor of Education,
University of British Columbia.
- Bachelor of Science,
University of Calgary.
Further Post-Graduate Training:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Certificate. EMDR Centre of Canada.
- Trauma with Children, Youth and their Families. Hincks Dellcrest Centre. Toronto.
- Meditation for Stress Reduction. Art of Living Centre. Ontario.
- Art Therapy Training for Professionals. Gestalt Institute of Ontario.
- Systemic Family Therapy Training. Conformacion Arco Institute. Argentina.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Centre of Cognitive Therapy. Argentina.
- Gestalt Therapy. Presencia Centre. Argentina.
My goal is to help you begin your journey towards self-discovery.
Together we will explore barriers that prevent you or your child from attaining the path that you were meant to travel.
I believe that no single approach can help you attain this goal. As such, I draw from various therapeutic techniques in order to best suit your needs. Some of these therapies are based on expressing or regulating emotions, while others are more concerned with identifying negative thoughts and how they influence us.
I accept self-referrals or referrals from other health professionals and provide the following services:
- Individual therapy for
Adolescents and Adults
- Family therapy
- Fees are standard as per the Psychologists' Association of Alberta.
- Most extended health insurance plans cover all or a portion of the costs.
- Services are not covered by Alberta Health Care.
Due to Covid-19,
There are currently no in-person bookings. I hope to resume in-person sessions shortly.
I offer therapy sessions via:
- Confidential online tele-psychology methods.
- Walking therapy if weather permits,
following Covid-19 precautions.
To schedule and appointment, please see contact information below:
10003 24th Street SW, T2V 5K3